I’m getting really good at showing up late, but I’m linking with Jen anyways, so here goes.
- Naomi woke up in the middle of the night last night because she had gas and a stuffy nose and by the time I remedied those two situations she wanted to nurse and then she had gas again so she just slept in the bed with me the rest of the night. Needless to say, I’m really tired and we all know that a tired Allie is endlessly pleasant and kind. So I decided I would ignore all the things I needed to do during Malachi’s never-quite-long-enough nap time today and take a nap but Naomi wanted none of it and kept on crying and squirming and pretty much shouting “No, I will not sleep!” When I stopped living in denial and finally accepted that she meant it, I literally cried about it (pathetic) and then thought, “Fine. I’ll just get up and blog. I don’t need sleep anyways.” Then I brought her out here to the living room with me and she rolled over. AAAHHHHH!!!!! Leave it to kids to be awesome when you are least expecting/most needing it. Also, don’t babies usually roll over from tummy to back first? Because if so, she did it backwards.
- I consider myself to be a pretty good editor. Freshman year in college I had to take a “writing style” class. It was horrible – the professor was such a harsh grader that over half the class failed. He was a really sweet old man with antiquated ideas but I did enjoy some of the “style” tips. All that to say that I was very, very unhappy when I realized I used the phrase “Here’s the thing” TWICE in my last post. And yes, that really is the kind of thing that annoys me.
- I have been losing track of time really horribly lately. Yesterday Malachi ate lunch an hour late and the only reason he got any chow then is that I glanced at my watch thinking, “Wonder if I can squeeze in a quick shower before lunch time? OHMYWORD guess not.” I also went to bed at 11-flipping-45 last night because I thought it was only 10:15 until I looked at the clock and freaked out. What is happening?
- I was really excited to have a neighbor over for dinner last night. We’ve been trying to reach out to him for a while and we invited him over for a cookout. Through a series of unfortunate events he ended up coming over, making a plate, and then immediately going home. I’m really bummed about this but I have to remember that I asked God to show him love through us and maybe two burgers was all he needed.
- In case you missed it, The Office ended this week for forever and ever amen. I watched the retrospective and cried – yes I am that sappy and emotionally attached to my shows. That’s also the fourth of my shows that has ended lately and I realize that I’m about to have a lot more “free” time during my recreational hours. Maybe I’ll finally finish the blanket I started crocheting 6 years ago (no seriously – 6 years ago).
- My hair needs a change. I’m bored with it and I’ve had this hair cut for over a year now which is a pretty big deal for me. I have some ideas, but I’m leaning towards this one. Input appreciated.
- I feel like this might just be my most boring post ever. I really try to make every post a gem but this lump-o-coal is just gonna hafta doya for now.
Hasta la later tater.