I have precisely three minutes to put my digits in overdrive and pound out a post so wish me luck.
We are going to Seattle in 6 days. And when I say we I mean ALL FOUR OF US are going to Seattle in 6 days. Also, I originally typed 3 weeks instead of 6 days. I have no idea why except maybe subconsciously I know that I need 3 more weeks to get ready but ooooh well. We are currently half-way through adjusting Malachi’s little system back 3 hours so that he can actually enjoy the trip there so at the moment he is napping at 3:00p.m. and going to bed at 9:00 but within the next 6 days he will be napping at 4:00 and going to bed at 10:00 and just shoot me now.
I manage to stay pretty put-together and organized so my to-do list before we go is pretty manageable. It includes:
- Clean entire house. It’s been a few
monthsweeks, so uh, it needs it.
- Make comprehensive list of things I need to pack for the kids.
- Pack myself. Pack my children. Re-pack my husband after he haphazardly throws items in a giant suitcase and forgets his medicine and pajama pants.
- Download apps for the iPad that will occupy Malachi in the airport/security/plane.
- Fold the laundry mountain that just. never. stops.
- Distribute brochures and flyers to (count them): 15 different restaurants and churches with 1 to 2 children in tow (really looking forward to that one).
- Finish writing, addressing, and sending thank you notes from 3 months ago.
- Buy father’s day presents.
- Buy diapers.
Hope I can manage. As you can see, I’m responsibly using Malachi’s nap time right now to accomplish number 10. Go me.